Tracks how market trends are impacting financial services and leverages external propositions and capabilities to drive change.
HSBC Open identifies, incubates and accelerates new products and services to enable growth across the bank and to improve customer experience. Our team is formed of a diverse group of experts in design, strategy, technology and products, combined with an extensive knowledge of external markets.
HSBC Open acts as an innovation incubator that drives from '0 to 1' through continuous study, ideation and experimentation enabling the bank to identiy the opportunities that are important to stay competitive in the context of disruptive change.
Security, crime prevention and identity
Protecting the bank and its customer against threats
- Digital identity
Borderless financial services
Digital access to banking services anytime, anywhere. Exploring all aspects of Financial Services and its intersection with adjacent industries.
- Open finance
- Banking as a service (BaaS)
- Embedded finance in Neo FS, smart cities, real estate, automotive, etc.
Preparing for the future of banking.
- Quantum computing
- Digital assets, CBDC
- Artificial Intelligence / reinforcement learning / machine learning / causal inference
- No code development (NCD)
- Environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG)